JANE is 1

OH MY GOSH!!! Our baby girl is 1. We all know how time flies, Crazy! I had these pictures taken in her room and I'm soooo glad I did. It was hilarious! She was having a blast! She was devouring the cake, putting her feet in it, running around flinging cake everywhere. Quite the mess, but lots of fun! My awesome friend Shannon took these priceless pictures.






Ya know the phrase "You live and you learn"? That's how I describe Jane's first Birthday. We had it on HALLOWEEN (sunday night) and I should of know, it was quit the SCARY night. I put lots of time and effort in to planning this thing. I thought, she only gets her first Birthday once, so i need to make it special! So. . . I Made her Birthday sign and invitations, 8 decorative tissue balls, Printed out every picture of her and put them all in albums, went to four party stores to get all the right colors for the supplies, made almost a million cup cakes, did fondant (for the first time) on her cake (took about 4 hours) , I even bought a giant $10 turquoise polka dotted balloon "that i realized wouldn't fit in my car AFTER I bought it. So I had to drive home with it very slow hanging it out the window praying it wouldn't pop! I'm sure i looked like the biggest nerd, and The list goes on. . . So when the big day finally came I was so excited. About 15 min. into the party I sat Jane in a folding chair to open presents, the chair started to fold on her so I quickly put my hand on the front of the chair to re-open it and her poor little hand was in the side of the chair and it smashed her finger so bad! It was bleeding, she bawled so hard for about 45 min. we had to give her Motrin to calm her down. When we finally calmed her down, we decided to try again only with blowing out the candle on the cake, as we were singing she reached so fast for the flame. I grabbed her hand BARELY in time, but she still got some hot wax on her hand which sent her to tears AGAIN!!! (Mother of the year, right). We had a couple of family members sad and upset, which was surely adding to the mood, and to top it off. You know the $10 dollar balloon? Well I threatened Crew not to play with it until after the party. After all, the giant balloon stays inflated for a month. He minded well, eagerly waiting. As we walked from the club house back to our home after cleaning up, the balloon hit the side of our house and popped! Of course then Crew was bawling! What a way to end a party. The best thing about it is, she's too young to even know or care, or even remember this 1st Birthday. I guess that's a good thing, because it didn't turn out at ALL like I'd hoped. Yeeeeeeesh!!!!! P.S. She finally did cheer up towards the end of the party. Thank goodness!!

Do you see my tonsils?The after party was Jane's favorite part! She sat on the counter laughing and guzzling the Root Beer, lovin every minute of it.


8 comments:

  1. Well, no matter how smooth things went for Jane's first birthday she is so very lucky to have a Mom that cares so much about her! I love how you coordinated everything for party making every detail just right! I totally LOVE the cupcakes and the story about the balloon...well lets just say, I can totally see you driving down the road with it hanging out your window! xoxo I love ya!

    Happy Birthday Sweet Jane!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline! Were do I even begin....First of all Jane is so stinkin cute..her party and pictures the hole shabang! You know how to make a little girl look cute.:) Happy Birthday to Jane. I loved looking at all your pictures! I called you a week or so ago, I hope you got my message. I am sure you're busy. We need to get together, come on girl! :) Stay in touch. Crew is getting so tall and big, I loved the picture of him and Jaden. Hope all is well and by the way you look AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My sounds like a fun party, one that you can help her remember. ANd Oh my heck she looks like Crew in the very last picture of her b-day party.Love the ones of her attacking the cake. I need to come visit or you need to bring by the AF Branch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Care!... You did such an amazing job on the cake, cupcakes, decor and all!! You have such a talent and exceptional taste for what looks fabulous!!! I'm a wannabe Caroline!!... SERIOUSLY!! We wish so badly that we could've been there to celebrate her 1st bday and many other days we've missed out on!! I'm so so happy that we're family though! You're such a sweet, dear and wonderful Momma and friend!! I Miss You!! Love you tons hon!! We'll see you here soon! XOXO :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I can't believe she is 1!!! Crazy. I feel so bad for you, but her party looks like it was a hit anyways:). And you do get mother of the year for planning all that.

    I love love love her pictures. I want to see her room, it looks incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so adorable and you are quite the AR-TEEST getting all that done for the party! I lvoe the fondant and that you matched everything perfectly. My kids are lucky to get anything! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Such beautiful fun photos! But why would I expect any less from my fashionista friend! You always have the cutest taste and great ideas! I have always looked up to you! K i'm sorry but I was totally laughing at the "live and learn" situations ;) But everything did turn out so cute and she will look back and see how hard you tried and how much you love her to do all of that! Now you have this blog to record it all! How awesome!
    Love ya and hope to see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are the cutest pictures! She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete